Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Fourth of July Recap

A little late but I wanted to share some pictures from our holiday last week! We had the best time (even if we missed the fireworks this year...). My mother-in-law was visiting so we decided to host a BBQ at our house so that she could meet our friends here in New Jersey.

My BFF came out from New York in the morning and I picked her up from the train station and went straight to the cutest little parade (where my kids collected more candy than they did this past Halloween!).



After that, we went back to the house to put the kids down for naps and prep for the party. I wanted the party to be really laid back with no one stuck in the kitchen during the festivities so we did corn, watermelon, and grilled steak and shrimp. I made some (potent) sangria and we did s'mores and root beer floats for dessert. Super simple and tasty.





We had a lot of kids here and they played all over the driveway with our ride-on toys, and on the swingset and in the sandbox. We also set up our water table since it was a warm night.


Fireworks didn't start until almost 10 pm so we decided to stay home and hope to catch some of them from our backyard- which unfortunately didn't happen this year. Our kids had fun running around in the dark with their glow bracelets on anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...