Monday, April 10, 2017

It's been awhile...

We've been back from CA for almost two weeks now but it still feels like we are playing catch up! Hayden has been sick and we've been busy, but this week is Spring Break and it looks like we are going to have a few days of Spring-like weather so I'm excited to get outside with the kids.

We bought the kids a play structure last month! We have a swing set in the backyard (built by my father-in-law) but we have a huge yard and thought it would be nice to have more at home activities for the kids. I shopped around and found it on Wayfair. The same one was on Overstock, and Amazon (all with free shipping) but the price was best on Wayfair. Nick has been putting it together in his spare time and we're hoping it will be all the way finished soon.

We are also planning on adding a little natural sandbox like this in the yard. We have this little area under a tree where our grass doesn't grow well. It already has a rock wall on one side and we have a bunch of stones left over from the previous owners so it should be an easy-ish project.



Last week Nick and I went to a benefit dinner for a charity and it was fun to get dressed up and go out on a Thursday night.

We (along with everyone else) had been watching Big Little Lies obsessively. I loved the book when it came out but I loved the show even more. Now that's it's over I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat- so good (all the Elvis covers are my favorite...)

Also, speaking of Big Little Lies, I may have taken a few online character quizzes (definitely a Madeline, hahaha)...

Nick and I also listened to the S-Town Podcast last week and really loved it. It was so different than I thought it was going to be but really well done.

The kids and I made these copycat Reese's peanut butter eggs last weekend and they were delicious. I mean, it's clearly the best of all the Easter candy (or maybe tied with Starburst Jelly Beans...) so it was a fun, easy treat to make.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...