Thursday, February 16, 2017

5 Tips for a Healthier Year


1. Drink tons of water. I have my giant water bottle with me at all time and I try to drink at least 3 full bottles a day (plus an extra bottle when I work out).
2. Schedule your workout... It's easy to run out of time to work out but if it's in your daily schedule instead of some vague goal for the day, you're much more likely to do it. I look at the gym schedule each week and decide which classes I want to do and when is the best time each day to work out.
3. Be positive... That being said, life gets in the way! My kids have been sick since New Year's and so a lot of times we can't make it to the gym more than 1 or 2 times a week. Instead of getting frustrated or giving up, give yourself grace for those days when things don't go as planned.
4. Give up sugar! I made this a resolution for 2017 because I'm definitely a sugar addict. I decided to give myself 1 day a month to eat sugar and then try and steer clear the rest of the month. I'm not so vigilant that I will refuse food at someone else's house. I make 95% of the food I eat so it's easy for me to make sure I'm avoiding sugar.
5. Find something you love... for me this is Barre Class. My gym has it twice a week and it's my favorite workout. I try to make it to every class that I can. After going pretty regularly for the last year, I can tell that my body is stronger and more flexible. I still mix it up with other workouts but this one always gets me excited to go to the gym.

What do you do to stay motivated and healthy??

2 comments:

  1. Loving these tips! I may barre addict also, and growing up "drink some water" was my mom's cure for everything!! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...