Wednesday, January 11, 2017

jelly cookies


I'm sure most families have a recipe like this one that has been passed down from generation to generation. I remember my grandmother making jelly cookies (and some rather crunchy peanut butter ones too) when I was young. Growing up, it was a go-to cookie recipe for my mom too and we loved having them around the house. When I got married, my mom typed up all our favorite recipes on cards for me so that I could bake them as well. The jelly cookie recipe is simple and such a pretty and delicious cookie.

Ingredients: 
2 sticks of butter
3/4 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2  cups of flour
2 egg yolks
your favorite jelly or jam

Directions: 
Mix all ingredients together except for the jelly. Form 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Poke an indentation in the middle with your thumb. Cook until half done (approximately 8 minutes) at 300 degrees. Fill the indentations with jelly and cook for another 8 minutes.

Let me know if you make these! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...