Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year





This New Year we hosted a small party with some of our neighborhood friends and kids. We tried (mostly unsuccessfully) to corral all the kids in the guest room with a movie and popcorn but they just wanted to be part of the fun! My mom was here up until the morning of New Year's Eve and helped me prep for the party by creating a festive balloon arch (I've had them pinned for ages and it was fun to try out!). We had a really nice time with friends and enjoyed ringing in the New Year at home. 

After a tough 2016, we're looking forward to a happier 2017. I hope to continue to focus on the positive things that impact me and our family. More time spent together at home, a bigger focus on healthy eating and habits (those got away from me at the end of last year!), more time spent away from technology. Hayden still has another year at home before Kindergarten but I want to focus on savoring this time with my two babies because it is already going by faster than I could have imagined. Another resolution is to focus more on our marriage and to make one another a priority, beginning with a monthly date night. We're also planning our first child-free vacation for this Spring (hopefully!) None of my resolutions are huge changes, but more of a re-focus on things that we have been doing off and on and making them more intentional this year. 

I hope you had a wonderful New Year and are also feeling refreshed and energized about this coming year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...