Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Charlotte's Room

Charlotte's room has been a work in progress since day one.... When we first moved into the house, it was painted all yellow. I really didn't like the color so one night almost a year ago when Nick was out of town, I painted it a purple/gray on the top and white on the bottom (it has chair rail around the whole room).

We  kept all the items that we had in her nursery in California, but the new color made the room have a different feel.

My mom made the fabric banner that hangs above her crib and we added a cute name one from Paper Source. The crib will stay here as long as possible... Charlotte doesn't seem quite ready for an early transition to a bed, like her brother!

crib/crib sheet/crib skirt/ banner
Charlotte loves to draw and color so this little art table is perfect. It's from an antique store and I've had it since college! The chairs are so adorable and so well made.

chairs
I thought with a two-year-old, we wouldn't be rocking much, but we still do every day, multiple times a day. I'm glad not to give up this time with my little one just yet!

similar shelf/ rocker 
I made the curtains with some simple black trim from the fabric store, hot glued to IKEA curtains. The curtain rods were left from the previous owners and I just moved them up the wall a bit to make the curtains hang a little higher.


 jute rug/ similar rug
Her nursery has a really cozy, feminine feel and I love spending time in there. I have a dream of Hayden and Charlotte sharing a room (Hayden's room) when she's a little older so eventually she'd be in a more gender-neutral space. For now, I'm loving this room and it's sweet vibe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...