Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016


2016 was a really tough year for our family and for a lot of people we know. We lost a beloved family member and that one event colored the rest of our year. Of course, we had our fair share of happy moments and good times, but none of those will stack up against the huge horrible moment when we lost my father-in-law Bob. I think we'll always look back on this year with sadness, but also with some amazement that we came out of this terrible event with more strength, compassion, and love; we survived.

I know there's a lot of pain and uncertainty in the world as we head into 2017, but I am hoping to carry one word with me into the new year: Hope. I hope we can cherish the happy moments, grow from the difficult ones, and continue to believe in the good of the world.

Happy New Year! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...