Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday, Friyay

As I mentioned earlier this week, it's been full fall mode around here with chillier temps and lots of soup on the menu. Here are a few things that I'm loving this week.... 

Pumpkin candles. Always a seasonal favorite (so basic!) I found some nice ones for a good price at TJ Maxx. I forget that this is always a great option for high quality, low priced candles and I picked up 3 for under $20.
Smoothies. I have been trying to get back into the routine of having a smoothie for breakfast and it's been nice to have something filling when we are on the go with school and play dates. Two  recipes that I've been loving this week are this fig smoothie and this pumpkin one.
Meditation... This might sound a little out there, but hang with me. A few of the workout classes that I take end with a meditation and I've found it so so peaceful...I found this meditation app that I started using over the summer and loved, but it ended up only having 10 meditations for free and then you had to pay a costly monthly subscription. So I searched around for another one and found this one by Gaiam. It has over 120 meditations and they are applicable to all sorts of situations. I've been trying to do one most morning and they are quick and really seem to start the day off right. If you're a busy mom (or person = all of us!) this is such a great way to take a quick mental break and reset. I really encourage you to try it!  
Wagon walks. A few nights this week, the kids, Lucy and I took the red wagon out for a quick post dinner walk. It's been really nice and another good mini-reset for us. I hope we can continue the practice until it starts getting snowy!
 Weekend plans... We going to a movie night tonight for Hayden's school which should be fun and we have a birthday party this weekend as well. Nick's had a busy week at work and we are looking forward to lots of downtime at home with the babies! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...