Tuesday, February 23, 2016

My favorite fitness apps


 Now that I'm officially done breastfeeding, I've been focusing on losing the last of the baby weight from Charlotte and getting in shape. On weeks when we don't all have the plague, we make it to the gym 3 - 4 times a week. I try to take 1 - 2 classes a week (pilates, spin, or a boot camp style class) and am in the gym the rest of the time. I used to just run, but I've been trying to mix it up and do a different exercise each day. These apps have been great for  keeping on track and helping me plan workouts and meals. 
My Fitness Pal: A calorie counter/log. You can set a goal for your daily intake and log meals. It's really helpful when you're first starting out because I'm much more intentional about what I'm eating and when. It saves your food and recipes so if you eat the same thing often, you can log your food super quickly. 
UP: Fitness tracker. I have a fitness tracker that I wear and this counts steps, calories burned, and sleep habits. I like knowing these things and how my body is working throughout the day.
Running for WeightLoss: This is a good one for HIIT workouts. It's an 8 week program with 3 levels and each workout is about 35 - 45 minutes. Good cardio and easy to do on the treadmill. The ads are kind of annoying, but it's free if you don't mind them!
Nike Training Club: This is good for mixing up the workout routine and working on legs or arms or abs. The workouts are short and they have videos that go along with each one to demonstrate the move.
7 Minute Workout: This is one for when I don't make it to the gym- it's 7 minutes and you're done (though you can do reps). It works all the major muscle groups of the body and is simple and quick.  
I'm curious - what are your go-to apps for health and fitness??  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...