Monday, January 4, 2016

hello 2016




I truly can't believe that 2015 went by so fast. I think having an almost-New-Year's baby will continue to make each new year seem like it's passing at warp speed. 2015 was definitely a big year for us with a new baby, a cross country move, and lots of other little changes.  While I can't predict that 2016 will be less chaotic, I am hopeful that it will be a great year for our little family.
Each year I trying and make a few resolutions but this year, I want to take a step back from all the striving for self-improvement and just focus on my most important role right, being a momma to my sweet babies. Hayden will be starting pre-K in the fall and Charlotte is quickly leaving the baby-stage behind. I hope this year to cherish even more the sometimes mundane tasks of motherhood; bathing, feeding, coaxing to sleep these two little ones. I hope to be more present each day and find joy in the ordinary in our lives. Vacations and big days out are always really fun, but when I look back on the last year, my favorite memories are the quieter days at home with my babes. Right now (especially since we are still in California for another day) I feel really homesick for our old state and way of life. Instead of daydreaming about moving back, I want to focus on the positive things about out life in New Jersey. So, 2016, here's hoping you are just as good to our family as 2015 was! Cheers, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...