Monday, January 11, 2016

Charlotte's First Birthday Party

We decided to throw Charlotte's birthday party while we were still in California, because we wanted to celebrate her big milestone with friends and family. My parents graciously provided their house for the party we had a smaller party on the Sunday before we left CA. Usually, I'm a bit more together with my party planning, but with the holidays and planning it from afar, it made it more difficult. Nonetheless, I feel like the whole thing came together pretty well and I'm happy we were surrounded by family and friends. This party was definitely a group effort, with my parents order supplies, making hot chocolate, my brother making the cakes, and my sister, mom and me being involved in the decorations. 
Our theme was a Woodland party. I found these adorable invites from Paperless Post (my go-to now for all invites since you can also send paper versions). 
 I purchased most of the decor from Target, Etsy, or Hobby Lobby. We got a moss runner for the table and my dad made the wooden serving platters. My mom made the cute fabric tassel banner.  
Since it was a pre-dinner party we didn't serve real food. Instead, we had a hot chocolate bar, a donut cake, regular cake, popcorn, and some cuties to balance out all the sweets.

For the kids in attendance, I found woodland animal masks at Hobby Lobby and the cute treat bags at the Target Dollar Spot.  
The favors were gourmet marshmallows (to go with the hot chocolate theme) wrapped in gold foil boxes.
The party was fun and a really nice way to say goodbye to everyone before we left. It's funny to think that next time we'll be back, we will be celebrating another birthday as Hayden turns 4!  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...