Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween 2015


I would be remiss as a blogger/the chronicler of our lives if I didn't share a quick post about our Halloween. Life feels incredibly busy with work, unpacking, and settling into the new house, but I want to document our Halloween for documentation's sake ;) Hayden's costume was quite the hit and he and Charlotte both loved the tap lights. Charlotte looked so cute in her tutu and I am trying to think of ways that she can wear them in everyday life! 
Anyway, we had a great first Halloween as New Jersey residents. We had an extended Halloween weekend, which began Thursday morning with a small Halloween party that we attended. It was at a local church where web'e been going to a Mom's and Tots group for the last 3 weeks. We carved our pumpkin that night and lo and behold, Hayden could not have cared less about this process, while Charlotte was trying to eat the pumpkin innards the whole time. C'est la vie! I did make some tasty roasted pumpkin seeds using this recipe. 
On Friday, we went trick-or-treating downtown in the afternoon and had the best time. It was so festive and the weather was perfect.
Saturday, Hayden and I made caramel apples. We had friends over and took some wine in travel mugs, the kids in the stroller and trick-or-treated around our little neighborhood. We had zero trick-or-treaters. I can't tell if it's because our neigborhood is hilly and has no sidewalks or if there aren't that many kids that live here. Now I have to send all the extra candy in with Nick to his office or I'll end up eating it all myself... 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...