Thursday, September 10, 2015

Charlotte Mae's Mini-Nursery

Since it's been 8 months since Miss Charlotte graced us with her presence (and we are getting ready to move) I thought it was high time to share her nursery. To be honest, it wasn't actually 100 % complete until just this a couple weeks ago. #secondchildproblems
To recap, our house only has 2 bedrooms and we wanted to keep the kids separate for a while at least. We have a little bonus room of sorts off the master bedroom which we opened up a little more in preparation for Charlotte's arrival. We had the doorway widened and we added french doors. We also added a window to the room to make it much brighter.
(deer tote basket from Anthropologie, no longer on their website, sadly)  
For Charlotte's room, I wanted to make it pretty and feminine but not over-the-top. We painted the walls a pale peach and then my Dad created this custom ceiling treatment for the sloped ceiling. He stained thin boards with a grey wash and planked the whole ceiling with them. Definitely prettier than a big blank white wall!

The light is from CB2 and I love the matte white finish with the gold inside. 
Her crib is the one we bought way back in the day for Hayden from Pottery Barn Kids. The gold dot crib sheet and ruffled crib skirt are from Land of Nod. The gold heart garland is from Etsy and the peach scalloped one is from Land of Nod. That blanket doesn't really match anything in the room at all but I'm obsessed with it!
We bought a new rocker for the room. It was one of my favorite purchase since Miss C and I log a lot of hours in this thing. It's wide enough for Hayden, Charlotte, and me to all pile in and read stories. I also love that it doesn't look like a nursery rocker, so we can use it in another room once we have no more babies ( cue sad face). 
I bought the Moroccan leather pouf from Lulu and Georgia and I love it on our West Elm Rug.
The dresser is also a newer purchase for the room from West Elm. The changing pad cover is from Land of Nod. The sconce is from Ikea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...