Thursday, June 11, 2015

beginning of summer favorites


When I was younger, summer was always, always my favorite season. Probably because school was out and it was my birthday season. I actually prefer Fall a bit more these days, but there's something so lovely about summer that it still holds a special place in my heart. I'm looking forward to lots of time in the backyard, playing, swinging, and blowing bubbles with my babies... cooking outside, enjoying summer drinks, and the warm, warm weather. Here are a few of my favorite internet purchases as of late... all bought with summer on the mind! 
I've been living in these shorts lately. They are casual and comfortable (with an elastic waistband), but a step-up from actual workout shorts. Seriously - the perfect momma shorts!  
Instead of buying sandals this summer, I opted for a pair of Native shoes for Hayden. I had heard such good things about them and I love that they are water proof, easy to wash, and breathable. Plus, he chose the neon yellow version which happens to glow in the dark.  
Hayden is OBSESSED. with popsicles and they tend to be a good motivator as a reward for taking a nap (no shame...). We usually buy the Outshine kind since they are made with fruit and veggies, but I know he'd get a kick out of making his own. Plus, I like the idea of controlling what goes into them! I think we may have to invest in one of these for the summer.
Shopping for baby clothes has never been more fun, now that we have Charlotte in our lives. Luckily (or unluckily) I have a gap card and do most of the kids clothing shopping at Gap and Old Navy since I'm always getting big discounts for using the card. I love these little onsies so much- cute enough to be an outfit all by itself. Flamingos are having a moment right now, and I love the trend. We have these leggings and this top  in the next size up- ready for Miss C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...