Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Our bedroom...done!

Our bedroom has been a neglected work-in-progress for the last couple years and I finally got fed up with it and made some changes to finish off the space. I think I was spurred on by our pretty new bathroom and felt like our room needed some glory too. 
We spend a ton of time in here (sleeping- obvi, but also working, nursing the babe, watching a show together, family movie night, etc.) so I wanted a space that felt clean, bright, and comfortable.
Our overall vibe is bright and neutral with some color thrown in. We love natural wood, lots of white, green plants, and a little gold. This is one room that I can say that I absolutely love every piece of furniture in here and wouldn't change a thing.  
We started this room way back when with a new DIY headboard and some coral pillows. The bed was looking a little lonely on this wall so I recently (as in last weekend) added some sheer curtains and bamboo shades + a mirror over the bed. (Not to worry- the mirror is very secure and will not crash on our heads mid-earthquake.) 
 
We purchased a new dresser from West Elm after living with a hand-me-down from Nick's childhood forever. Most of my clothes hang up and Nick's dresser fit in the closet so this small one is perfect for me and for the space.
I used to be really against TV in the bedroom, but my cousin gave us this one and I like watching a movie in bed or the news while I'm getting ready in the morning. It's also nice to turn something on for Hayden while I shower so I can still keep an eye on him.
The bench was a recent addition as well, and it adds some balance on the other side of the barn door.
On this wall, I framed some of our recent family photos in some inexpensive Michael's frames, spray-painted gold.
These are the DIY bookshelves that Nick made for me and I love them. The brackets are from Ikea and he just spray-painted them gold (see a trend?) I love how he used two types of wood, sandwiched together to tie in with the multiple wood tones in the room.  
 
Here's a source list for most of the items in the room: 
lamps: Ikea // nightstands: World Market // shams: World Market and West Elm // quilt: anthropologie (old)// mirror: Target // blinds: home depot // curtains: ikea // leaning mirror: ikea // bench: home goods // planter: anthropologie // barn door: barndoorshardware.com // dresser: West Elm (similar) // shelf brackets: ikea // Bucket List print: read between the lines
Annnnd just for fun, here's the room right after we moved in:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...