Monday, October 6, 2014

weekend recap

This past Friday, Nick took a last minute trip to LA for a guys weekend. Hayden and I stayed busy with lots of activities and fun at home. Although I'm not going to lie, we were both excited to be picking him up from the airport on Sunday afternoon. 
We made it to 3 different parks this weekend, despite the heat! Summer just won't quit here in California so we are facing another week of mostly 90+ degree days. In October. (As a side note, when I got pregnant this time, I was thinking "Oh good, I won't be in my 3rd trimester in the worst of the heat, but I'm only 2 weeks away from it, and it doesn't seem to be letting up...)
Anyway! We also made it to the cutest little local pumpkin patch. They had some pigs and rabbits there and Hayden loved the pigs so much.
On Saturday night, we joined most of my family for Oktoberfest in my parent's town. Again, more park time for Hayden... and some gourmet mac and cheese. 
I thought the weekend would be a little challenging given that Hayden is just transitioning to his new bed and Nick was gone, but it went so well and we had a great (if a little tiring!) time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...