Monday, September 22, 2014

Baby Girl Nursery Inspiration

I have been dreaming about baby girl nurseries for years so once we found out our baby was a girl, I was able to pull together my favorite look surprisingly easily. I'm much more decisive than I was with Hayden's nursery! Anyway, we can't start on anything yet because we *may* be adding on to our house to create a larger separate space for Baby Girl. We are a long way off from for sure- we have to have a structural engineer, building plans, and permits and we are really just at the beginning of the process so it's a big maybe at this point. Anyway, we are hoping that it will all go smoothly and we'll be able to give Baby Girl her own little nursery. In the meantime, I've been gathering all of my favorite inspiration from around the web so that I can put my plan into action when the time is right! Here's an inspiration board that I created: 
Baby Girl Nursey

The whole nursery will be planned around that Rifle Paper print from the Paper Source. I love the colors- coral, peach, gold, a little mint green, etc. Those will be the colors in the room. I think I will paint the walls a really pale peach (this color is called Peach Champagne by Valspar). We are potentially adding wood floors of some type to the room, color undecided. 
We will be using the crib we bought for Hayden (from Pottery Barn Kids) but of course, Baby Girl gets her own bedding. I love this Land of Nod Crib skirt, and this coral colored crib sheet. With Hayden, we ended up buying 3 crib sheets with different colors/patterns and it worked well for diaper leaks, and laundry days so we'll probably do the same again! 
Our rocker from Hayden's room wasn't the most comfortable and it made a loud creaking noise so we donated it but are looking for something new and neutral for the room. Knowing how much we rocked Hayden, I'm willing to spend a little extra money on something cute and comfy since we will be spending lots of time in there! I love the leather pouf above- an ottoman was also a daily-used item in Hayden's nursery. 
Hayden currently has 2 dressers in his room, with one acting as a changing table. Since we hope to have him potty-trained (or at least on his way toward it!) by the time little sister arrives, we'll be moving 1 dresser and the changing station into her room. The one pictured above is a little more feminine so I think it will work well in her room.
The rug is actually one we already own. I love it so much! It currently lives downstairs in our entry hall. West Elm isn't selling the smaller size anymore so we may move it upstairs and get a different rug for downstairs.
Other decor items: chandelier, pillow, and art prints (1 and 2). I can't wait to get started on this pretty space but since we are a long way from the decorating stage, my online window shopping will have to do for now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...