Friday, September 12, 2014

5 on Friday

1.  A little Fall Decor  Last weekend I got the urge to switch up our downstairs a little for Fall. Even if it still feels like summer here :/
2.  Speaking of hot weather... Both babies wanted some frozen yogurt yesterday afternoon when it was 100 degrees out. I had to agree with them...
3. Names, names, names I've been searching through tons of baby names to find the perfect one for Baby Girl. I want something that is feminine, maybe a little traditional, not too popular or trendy, and that goes well with Hayden. Nick is less enthusiastic about the task, but we still have plenty of time to figure it out. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
4. Real Simple Recipes Since food aversions are finally gone (for now!) I've been making it my mission to cook almost every night. I planned out our whole monthly menu and used a lot of new recipes from the latest issue of Real Simple magazine. I love their meal ideas and realsimple.com has been my go to website for meals for a long time. So many of the meals are healthy, a little bit unique, and take 20 minutes or less! Some of the crowd pleasers from the last two weeks were Chicken and Bulgur (I used barley) and Creamy Orecchiette with Chili Oil. Hayden loves to sit on the counter and help cook so it's a good late afternoon activity for us to mitigate witching hour!
5. Big boy bed and tiny girl cribs: We won't be buying a second crib for Little Miss (though if I had to, I'd choose this one). We'll be transitioning Hayden out of the crib and into a twin bed. We wanted to try and do in the next month of two so he gets used to the idea and doesn't feel like his sister stole his crib. I'm having a lot of fun online window shopping for beds and bedding and thinking about a big boy room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...