Friday, September 5, 2014

5 on Friday

Long time, no see! August was absolutely insane over here - I won't bore you with all the details but we finally feel like things are sliding back to normal over here and it feels good. 
We have a secret.... we know what baby #2 is and Hayden is excited to share. I promise it will be soon! :)
First Day of PreSchool: Hayden attended a summer program at his preschool over the summer but now we are in the real deal. School started yesterday. He's in the 2-year-old class and it's a 5 hour day, 2 times a week. I haven't been away that long from him during a weekday since April and it feels a little sad/strange. I know I'll get used to it and will appreciate a little extra uninterrupted work time but still... Anyway, he had a really great first day and came home so happy (and worn out!)


Pregnancy: We are currently at 21 weeks and this pregnancy is flying by! I finally have some energy back and no more morning sickness. I'm eating healthier and working out again (after a month long hiatus- I told you August was crazy!) so everything feels good. My only complaint is insomnia, I'm usually up from 3:30 on 4 -5 nights a week but I've started working in the middle of the night so that I can do less during the day, so it works for now...
Fall: Bring it on! I'm excited for my favorite season and living it up with Hayden. 2 is such a fun age and I know he'll appreciate the pumpkin patch and apple picking and all the other fun activities so much more this year. Now if only these 90-degree days would quit!
Soup:  This pregnancy I've been craving a lot of soup. We've been without a crockpot for a couple of years and I decided to get a new one and instate Soup Sundays. I'm planning on making a big batch of soup each week and hoping to try out a lot of different recipes this fall. First up, minestrone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...