Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Baby #2 Details

Thanks for everyone's sweet well-wishes on our big news yesterday! I've been bursting to tell our secret and am so glad it's finally out of the bag! Here's some more info on Baby #2: 
 I'm due January 16th, 2015 so I'm 12 and a half weeks along. We've known since May 20th- so for about 7 weeks. While this baby wasn't really a surprise, per se, we were surprised to find that I got pregnant so quickly. I felt sick one morning and drove to Target to get a pregnancy test and got a positive. Nick had been traveling for work and was getting home late that night so I was waiting on pins and needles all day to tell him. I wrapped up the test in a box and told him I had an early Father's Day gift for him. He didn't suspect at all!  We told our families around 9 weeks and no one was too surprised by the news - everyone suspected Baby #2 was on it's way sometime in the next year. 
We are excited for a winter baby- after having a baby in August, I'm looking forward to the cooler weather when I'm super pregnant  (although this is California, so you never know...)! I think that this pregnancy will go by more quickly since there's so much to look forward to with the fall and the holidays, etc.  Oh yes, and chasing around a toddler every day! ;)
The kids will be almost exactly 2.5 years apart which feels like a really good age difference.  I have no intuition about whether or not we are having a boy or girl, but we definitely plan to find out! I think having a girl would be fun after having a boy, but at the same time, I would love to have a brother and built in BFF for Hayden- so really we'll be so excited for whatever this little one is. 
So far, this pregnancy is a bit different than the first one. Last time, I had morning sickness right at 5 weeks and I got sick every morning at 4:30 am and feel okay by about 11 am.  Also, like someone with a hangover, greasy food (like burgers) helped ease my stomach. This time around, the morning sickness showed up a little later and has been more inconsistent. I have days where I feel mostly fine, and then days where I'm sick ALL.DAY.LONG.  Also, I've been throwing up much less this time around- but feeling more nauseous... I don't even know! Most meat (especially burgers!) makes me queasy. Mostly I've been surviving on fruit, hummus, and carbs. Also, last time I just stopped working out completely when I got pregnant (blame it on the lack of energy and the morning sickness). This time, I've been trying to keep up with my running, taking yoga classes, and doing a lot more walking. It seems that staying active is helping me feel less run down. Although I won't lie and say that I haven't been taking advantage of Hayden's nap times on the days when I feel really exhausted. 
Anyway, we are over the moon to become a family of 4 and looking forward to sharing the journey again with you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...