Tuesday, June 10, 2014

diy console table love

A couple of weekends ago Nick built a new console table for our dining room. Well, I chose the materials and he put it together. (We're a good team!) 
I picked out metal hairpin legs from the website hairpinlegs.com. We got legs that were on sale for $20 each. 
For the table top, I picked out a piece of redwood from the same place that we got our mantle, California Urban Lumber. The people that work there are always super friendly. They planed, sanded, and removed the bark off my 6 foot piece of wood for less than $100. 
The legs were pretty easy to attach, according to Nicholas. I was gone at a hair appointment so I missed the process but the table was in place by the time I came back!
We decided to stain it with a Walnut stain to match some of the other wood finishes in the house.  
This was one of the easiest DIYs that we've done in a while and I love the way it turned out!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...