Friday, March 7, 2014

5 on Friday

Friday, it's been awhile. Let's do this thang. 
Boo ear infections! Poor Bub has double ear infections and isn't feeling well. Between that and cutting 2 more molars, he's in a sorry state. I feel like we're on the visit-the-doctor-every-two-weeks schedule. We can't wait for Spring and Summer and less of the sickies.
DIY Salad Bar. I'm a big fan of the Whole Foods Salad Bar. Like, I could seriously eat it every day. I decided to try and replicate all the items that I love in their salad bar so that I could make them at home and save time and money. At the beginning of the week, I got all my vegetables. I washed them, cut them up, and stored them in separate containers in the fridge. I made a dozen hard boiled eggs and had them peeled and stored in the fridge as well. Now, it takes me about 2 minutes to throw together a salad which tastes exactly like Whole Foods and I love it. I've had salad for lunch or dinner every day this week.
 
Another day, another hole in my house. Last weekend, I asked my father-in-law how much trouble it would be to take out the old shutters that are around our weird little kitchen window. Three hours later, he and Nick were pulling out the old frame and buying new wood to make a more modern/a little rustic frame for the window. It goes in this weekend, pre-countertop installation so I'll share pics soon!
 Finally a Faucet! All week we've been going back and forth on faucets for our kitchen and we need to choose one ASAP. My feelings about faucets vacillate between not caring at all to obsessing and spending hours online. We decided to get this one and found it for a much better price by googling around. I'm so glad to have that checked off our list.
"Yub You!" Last week Hayden starting saying love you and it is the sweetest sweetest thing ever. Seriously, it melts my heart. He usually follows it with a big wet kiss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...