Monday, January 27, 2014

Toddler Craft Table

I've had this little side table since my mom bought it for me in college. It has pretty legs and a large surface for a side table. I knew that I wanted to make it into a craft table for Hayden and I was looking for the perfect chairs to go with it. I wanted some that were modern and light, but not too expensive. 
I found these at the Container Store for only $10 a chair! I didn't love the plasticky finish, so I used some aqua spray paint to change the color. I love the aqua paired with the yellow of the chalkboard frame.
Another project I had up my sleeve was to install a roll of paper for Hayden to color. I found the roll of paper at Michael's for $4. I picked up a tension rod at Target for even less money.
 
I installed the tension rod under the table and stuck the paper on it. Now we can roll out fresh paper whenever he needs some.

I found the little acrylic containers at Ikea (in their bath section) - they are the perfect size to hold markers and crayons. Hayden is big into sorting things into their proper spots and cleaning up, so it's nice to have more than one container. 
Hayden loves his little table. He's been sitting at it all week and coloring and rearranging his crayons. It's nice to have something so close to the kitchen to keep him occupied while I cook or empty the dishwasher.
He also loves to push the chairs around the house, so he's a fan of the whole thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...