Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas up in here

It seems that every year, my Christmas decor gets less and less complicated. Our Christmas decorations take up 6 big boxes in the garage, but this year, I put out maybe only 30% of what was stored in those boxes. I donated a bunch of decorations recently, knowing that we probably wouldn't use them again. Anyway, I think that for the foreseeable future, we will keeping things simple in terms of Christmas. Our busy toddler makes it trickier to have decor up anyway. 
My favorite is our Christmas mantel. This is my first year buying live greenery and I love it! (only $6 at Trader Joe's). I also added a fresh boxwood wreath and our homemade Christmas trees and snow globes. 
Our tree is a hodge podge of meaningful family ornaments, which I love. We strategically placed only a few non-breakable ornaments at the bottom of the tree so that Hayden could explore the tree without any worry.
My sister gave us this beautiful Nativity scene for Hayden's baptism and I was excited to put it out for the first time this Christmas.
Our entry way also got a dose of Christmas cheer with a felt ball garland and some red and green and blue decorations.

In our dining room, I wanted to make things simple and whimsical and a little Buddy the Elf-ish. So I cut out some paper snowflakes and handmade the Joy to the World Garland. 
{please note the 3 little finger swipes through the word "and"..}
Everything is simple and festive without being too overdone. It feels so cozy in our house with the Christmas lights, fresh greenery and Christmas candles and music. We are loving this holiday season :)  











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...