Friday, December 13, 2013

5 on Friday

Five random happenings of the week... 
1. I think that I can officially say that my Christmas shopping is D.O.N.E. (Haters don't hate) I did the majority of my shopping online and have been wrapping as things arrive. I really like wrapping presents so it's a nice task to do to wind down at night. We also decided to keep Christmas really simple, so I didn't have to buy a ton of gifts. Nick and I have one DIY present for Hayden that we need to start on, but other than that, things are looking good around here. 
2.This weekend I'm hosting a cookie exchange at my house. My mom and I have been hosting the exchange for the last 6 years and it's a fun way to amass a huge amount of cookies to gift to friends, neighbors, and coworkers, without having to spend 25 hours in the kitchen. I like to try at least two new recipes every year and this year I'm attempting these and these

www.howsweeteats.com

3. My latest discovery. At meals, we almost always give Hayden some kid-friendly silverware to practice his skills. He'll use it for a bit, hold it in one hand and pick up food with the other, then eventually toss it to the ground. The last few meals, I handed him an adult spoon or fork, and he kept it on his tray the entire time. He used a fork yesterday morning to eat an entire plate of scrambled eggs. I think he just wasn't into the kid silverware...
4. Favorite Christmas movies? Do you have movies that you have to watch each year? My list includes Home Alone (1 & 2), Love Actually, and It's a Wonderful Life. I haven't seen any of them yet this season- time to get on the project! 

5. Life with a toddler. As I was sorting mail, Hayden dumped an entire bowl of popcorn (we were working on stringing it) on the living room rug and Lucy was right behind him eating it up, while I went to grab the vacuum. At least they are showing teamwork ;)







    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...