Friday, December 6, 2013

5 on Friday



  1. The Big 5-0. Last week my dad threw my mom a birthday party for her 50th. My sister and I handled the decorations and it was so fun pulling together this table for the dinner party. We just used big lanterns, borrowed candlesticks from everyone we knew and used a bunch of greenery from relatives' yards. We also scattered pictures of my mom through the years all around the table. It was a really fun night and a great celebration for a lovely lady! 
  2. Oh Christmas Tree. We decorated our Christmas tree on Monday night. Hayden put on and took off the same three ornaments about 10 times before he headed off to bed. He hasn't shown too much interest in dismantling the tree since it's been decorated and I'm crossing my fingers that his disinterest lasts through the holidays! 
  3. Family Pictures. We had pictures taken a couple weeks ago by a local photographer, Nicole Petersen. We got them back this week, just in time to order our Christmas cards. I love how they turned out! Nicole was so great, especially since poor Hayden was sick and cranky, and his smiles were few and far between. 
  4. Festive Night. Last night we headed to our downtown Christmas parade and tree-lighting. Since it didn't look like the tree-lighting would happen until 8, we only stayed for the first half of the parade so that Hayden could get to bed on time. We had fun seeing lots of animals and dancing to some festive Christmas music. 
  5. The Sound of Music. Most people in my family are big Sound of Music fans. I was really excited about watching the Live show last night. I know not everyone liked it and it definitely wasn't as good as the movie but I loved it and thought it was really well executed for a live performance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...