Monday, November 4, 2013

ugh... daylight savings time

Pre-baby, I always really liked Daylight Savings Time and the chance to "fall back" and get that "extra hour of sleep" in the morning. Since becoming a parent, DST has been on my bad list.  Yesterday felt like the longest day in the world. After a few attempts to get Hayden to sleep a little bit longer, we got up at 6:30 am yesterday (note: he usually sleeps until 8:00). I felt like we got a ton accomplished (church, a run, the farmers market, 2 naps(!!), lunch, Whole Foods, a quick errand, putting away our Halloween decorations, a walk to the park, and a little art project) and it was still only 4:30 pm.  
By 6:00 pm, Hayden was so ready for bed, he kept telling me "ni-ni" (night-night) and crying.  I gave in and he was asleep for the night by 6:15 (note: his usual bedtime is 7:30 - 8).  
Of course that means that he was crying for me at 4:44 this morning... During the workweek, I get up at 5:00 and work for a few hours before he gets up, so I don't have to work as much while he's awake. 
So, all this to say: "Daylight Savings Time, you're my number one enemy this week." Perhaps we should move to a non-DST state like Arizona... or Hawaii? (Which is, coincidently, where my husband is on a business trip this week, missing all the fun ;) ). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...