Monday, November 11, 2013

gold leaf garland

 As excited as I am for Christmas Season, I don't want to forget about Thanksgiving. After putting all the Halloween decorations away last weekend, I wanted to add a little something different for these few weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.  While perusing Pinterest, I came across a pretty gold leaf garland. Now I might have a thing for gold (exhibit 1, 2, 3), but I knew that I wanted to recreate the garland for sure.
On Saturday afternoon, Hayden, Nick and I went outside and filled Hayden's wagon with dry leaves from the ground. I then laid them all out on a drop cloth and sprayed them with metallic gold paint spray paint.
The leaves dried really quickly so I was able to flip them over and spray paint the other side in 15 minutes.
 When both sides were completely dry (and Hayden had gone to bed for the night), I used a needle and white thread to string the leavers together. 
Then I hung it over the windows with 2 little command hooks, hidden behind the curtains.  It was super easy and I love the way it turned out! 
While I was in a spray painting mood, I sprayed some of the mini pumpkins that we bought back in early October. 
I love these touches of gold for this last little bit of Fall! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...