Friday, November 22, 2013

five on friday


1. Better Life Bag.
 Have you heard of this company? They design custom purses and bags for a really great cause. They hire women who would not otherwise be able to work in urban Detroit and teach them how to sew and give them an opportunity to earn an income for their families. I have been searching high and low for a medium-sized cross body bag. We don't always need our giant diaper bag anymore so I was looking for something that would be a multi-functional diaper bag/purse/laptop bag when needed. This bag fit the bill! It came in the mail yesterday and I just love it! The workmanship is very high quality and it's the perfect everything bag for a busy momma! 
2. Evening walks. Our family was in the habit of getting up after dinner and taking Lucy for a walk around our neighborhood. We love those walks where we can chat about our days without any distractions. However, now that fall/winter is upon us, and it's getting dark sooo early, the walks have migrated to before dinner and are missing Nick, since he's still working at that hour. Our walks aren't as chatty, but it's the perfect way to get a little exercise and get out of the house even if it's just for 45 minutes.
3. Rainy days. We had our first real rainy weather of the season this week and for once I didn't mind it. Hayden and I had a really nice day on Wednesday, staying in our comfy-cozies (aka sweats), listening to Pandora, making homemade soup, and coloring Thanksgiving cards.  It was really peaceful. (Plus he took 2 long naps- never a bad thing ;) 
4.  Thanksgiving! I keep thinking that it is sooner than it actually is. We are celebrating our first of two Thanksgivings this Saturday with my family. Then it's go, go, go next week with a small party that we are hosting, Nick's 10 year reunion, Thanksgiving #2, and a birthday party for my mom. Bring on the Holiday Season! 
(Hayden @ last year's Thanksgiving)
5. Amazon Mom. Can we talk about this great program for a minute?! I signed up about six months ago because of their enticing offer of 3 months free, and I wouldn't dream of giving up this membership. The annual fee is $79 but with all the free next day shipping, it more than makes up for the cost. I can't tell you how much more I rely on online shopping now that I am a mom. When I'm close to running out of wipes, I can order them in bulk and know that they'll arrive in 1 - 2 days, instead of having to run out to the store. It's been my go to for birthday gifts, Hayden's halloween costume, and so many other things. Seriously- with the holiday season it is so worth it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...